Friday, February 01, 2008

It Begins ...

Far be it from me to say I told you so, but ...

"It will be a stand-alone school. Whether it's stand-alone or whether it's with another program, I don't see the difference," [Board chair John] Campbell said in an interview from Toronto.

"The school is open to kids of all races and religions. It is a public school. An Africentric school is not a black school. This really is a school of choice," he said. [my emphasis]

... And I just love this idea that "McGuinty has been stepping up the pressure on the Toronto District School Board since trustees voted 11-9 Tuesday night in favour of a black-focused school to open in September 2009." ... Trustees voted on this exactly three goddamn days ago! What kind of pressure can anyone step up in 72 hours?!

The Toronto Star doing its level best not to give the appearance of privileging one John over any of the others.